Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What makes a fruit rich anyway?

As humans, I think we're all prone to valuing our own opinions as more important than anyone else's, and in the technological age we live in, what better way to promote this idea than to give people a no-holds-barred way to share them?  A blog.  I guess I'm as self-important as the next person, really.


So what of these richer fruits, then?  Well, it comes from Abraham Lincoln, who said in 1865, "I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice."

When I think of what my life can mean, and what I'd like it to stand for at the end, I'd like it to bear those richer fruits.  In fact, I'd like it to be marked by them.  So, welcome to the journey as I struggle to find the balance between enjoying those richer fruits and my natural inclination of chucking the rotten ones as an outdated form of justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment